He has showed you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8
A Sweet Act of Kindness
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
It is Monday, and Katie made Pots de Crème for our class! She is a super good cook and the treat was FABULOUS. Kindness tasted good today!
Here's what the 8th Graders are thinking: "God is a perfect God with everlasting love and kindness. There is no boundary to His kindness, which gives Him full power to love us and help us when we need it." "I know that God will be right beside me wherever and whenever in my life. He will also guide me in the hard choices that I will make. God knows my fears, stresses, and doubts. I know that I can depend on Him when I need his help in life." "He knows right now I am finding who I am and that is comforting... He knows me better than I know myself." It is amazing how God will always be with me... It is just so weird that I don't deserve any of this, yet God will never let me down. There is a love and comfort He gives that nothing in the universe can match. God is my ultimate example, and I want to reflect what He does for me by doing for others...this is not easy, but I will do all I can... "God wants us to reflect His image. I want Go...
We are raising money for World Renew. Their website describes their mission with: Living Justice, Loving Mercy, Serving Christ "Compelled by God’s deep passion for justice & mercy, we join communities around the world to renew hope, reconcile lives, and restore creation." The Avail Middle School hopes to raise enough money to buy a herd, which includes a goat, a pig, and a calf, along with training and support from World Renew for people to move from just subsisting to living a more abundant life. Our Advisory groups are competing for the highest total points (Pennies are positive points! Everything else counts against you!). A couple of pennies isn't going to make a difference, but sandbagging your opponents' advisories with nickels, dimes, tens and twenties really does! ( Stay tuned for the total $$$$ raised!) LORD, Thank you for the opportunity to make a difference in the world! ...
At Church: The Kindness Kid strikes again! Here's what he says: Today I went to Cub in Bloomington with my youth group and rang bells for the Salvation Army which helps those in need. And he wasn't the only one ringing bells: My youth group went to the Eden Prairie Cub and rang bells for the Salvation Army In other action: Our small group had a Christmas party for someone at my church who has cancer. She is not that old and has two kids, and may not live. The pastor at our church invited all the widows and widowers to his house for a Christmas brunch yesterday. O n the Homefront: Something awkward happened to me and a friend gave me some advice. It was really helpful. Yesterday I was feeling terrible, sick, and out of it, and then I ran into Lily at Target. We talked and she made me feel better. A random lady was helping my brother and me in the store. Watching us reminded her to...
Comments
Post a Comment